Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Music via Bluetooth headset

I have a blackberry curve 9330 and just bought a Motorola H17 with A2DP.

I paired the headset and can hear phone calls without any problem but I don't hear music or audio files.

How do I get that to work?

thanks

Ami

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Music via Bluetooth headset

Hey amilevin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Go into Manage Connections>Networks and Connections>Bluetooth and is Audio Source or headset checkmarked?

Also depending on the BlackBerry smartphone and network service provider some Bluetooth profiles may not be available.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Music via Bluetooth headset

When i go to Manage Connections i have 3 options: Mobile Network (Verizon) that is checked; Wi-Fi that is checked and Bluetooth that is checked.

lower down under setup i can select Bluetooth Connections. When i do the bluetooth is set to On and No for Discoverable. Then it lists the paired Devices and they are listed as HandsFreeLink, Motorola H710 (my old bluetooth) and Motorola H17 (my new bluetooth that is A2DP).

when i click on HandsFreeLink  i can view the device properties and have option to make it Trusted (yes) , encrypted (checked) Echo control (automatic) device address and then it lists the service: Handsfree, object Push, A/V Remote Control and Audio Sink. When i select devie properties for the Motorola H17 the services listed are Handsfree and headset.

i dont see anywhere an option to checkmark audio source or headset.

thanks

Amitai