Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Musician needs help storing song lyrics / chord charts.

I just got my 8310 curve because I needed better voicemail capability. But now I'm starting to see the vast possibilities. I have created many files on my laptop to store song lyrics and chord charts. It would be really cool if I could store and get to these from my handheld. I don't think I can do this without adding an application. The files are mostly in RTF format now but I can convert them to doc or whatever. Can anyone suggest the best way to do this - like what would be a good application to be able to store / read / add / edit these files right on my handheld?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Musician needs help storing song lyrics / chord charts.

hello,

you can do all that without installing anything. You just need to convert your rtf file into a doc file or an xls file.
then :
  • if you have handheld software os 4.2 or earlier : just email you the file as attachment
  • if you have handheld software os 4.3 or later : just store the files on your memory card (in any folder, I suggest you to create a new one).

To know what OS you have : home screen >> options >> about

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

if you have 4.2, you can install the "Documents To Go" application. then you can do as if you had 4.3 or later.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Xandrex - Thanks for the info. It seems that I have 4.2.2.170 as currently supported by my service provided ATT. I tried the email attachment method. That works - thanks. It seems that "Documents To Go" requires v4.5 or later on the 8310. ATT will be providing an OS upgrade but the support people don't know when. Cheers