Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Muting a specific application

This isn't another thread about muting the camera. What I'm looking to do is disable an application's ability to make any sound at all. We have this horribly developed internal BB app at my work that makes this god-awful noise when we get an alert. It somehow by-passes any sound & notification settings I've changed for it, the "vibrate only" ringtone profile, and even the "silent" ringtone profile!

What I would like to do is either find an app that does this (which I can only find for the Camera application) or find the sound file it is playing and delete the ****ing thing! For the latter, I have browsed through the Files app on the BB but I can't find the application's directory anywhere... I'm guessing I would need root access.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Muting a specific application

By default there is no such option available in BlackBerry. However, there are a number of 3rd part apps available that can do exactly what you're looking for. Give search in the App World.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Muting a specific application

maybe you can try this setting sinn24:

home screen >> universal search >> application management >> hover on the app >> menu >> edit permissions

and look for the permissions named Interactions / Media
try setting that to Deny.

but the easiest is to ask your internal developer to change the app.

I know Viber for BlackBerry currently has a similar issue, I think it is because it is making a sound instead of asking the OS to make a sound (like WhatsApp or BBm).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: