Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: My 9360 wont connect to blackberry desktop manager

Snorsh:

How many email accounts do you have setup on your phone?

What type of email accounts and which one is your main account?

We will try to help you, but need some more details first.

I'm thinking we need to remove all your email accounts from the device, doing a complete wipe and reload.

Depending on what email services you have, we can work on removing the duplicates before adding the accounts back on your phone.

Here is a link on the software reload process. 

Are you using blackberry protect?

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

My Device: Not Specified

I am using Blackberry protect. I have more issues with the machine not connecting to any computer than I do with the annoying duplicates. Thanks for the swift reply.
Forums Veteran III

[ Edited ]

Snorsh:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

This is the handy guide for reloading your software.  But if you can't connect the phone to your computer, use this link option 1:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02318

You don't have to wipe the media card, but I'd get rid of everything else including the apps to ensure we have a fresh start.  Depending on your email service, there are different ways to get rid of the duplicates.

This would work if I could back up my data. Which I can't; because the phone won't connect to the desktop manager. I wish I had never bought this phone with the newest software.
Forums Veteran III

[ Edited ]

Snorsh: What data will you need to backup before the wipe?

blackberry protect (page 8) supports the following:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/25584/BlackBerry_Protect-User_Guide--105...

if you can access your email accounts from the computer, your messages are there.  Your contacts will be there too I'm hoping.  Not sure which email services you're using though.

Since the phone is new, can you take it to the store so a tech can try to figure out why it can't connect to the desktop manager on multiple computers? Have you tried a different usb cable?  I'm just thinking of different things to try.

Well, all my address book. Can't get that off the phone. I took it to the store and I got the shrugging of shoulders and the "I could send it to blackberry" answer. Yes, I have tried all the BB usb cables I can find. What I need is someone to tell me how to fix this problem, I very much doubt that it's just me. Which goes back to my original post of how sad BB support is. I really like BB but the OS just isn't up to par.

I really just wondered whether some one on this forum would have an idea as to what causes the non-connect problem with the desktop. My other BB's were fine, it is just the new OS I suspect, and please don't anyone tell me there's an upgrade, I know, but I can't access it. And no, I don't want to use the wireless update and brick my phone with a wireless hiccup.

Thank you again for the replies. Iain

Forums Veteran III

When you say your address book, you mean your contacts? You can login to the blackberry protect website and see if this has been backed up. Is this not working? Email: Are your contacts stored there?
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Please can i get the download link for the desktop manager you used? i cant get any compatible one for my 9360.

please. thank you

Contributor

Like I have said in my previous posts, I cannot connect by Blackberry to any computer. There is absolutly no customer support whatsoever.

Forums Veteran III

It sounds like your device has a hardware problem with the USB connection.  If the phone is under 1 year old, you do have a warranty with RIM. If the store recommended that, you'll have to get in touch with RIM.

Warranty info:

http://www.blackberry.com/legal/warranty/handheld.shtml