Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 8572336911

My 9900 is broken !

help... my 9900 is not turning on... it was out of battery and i plugged it into my charger and came back this morning to find that its not on and or it didnt charge, so i switched battery and tried it again... nothing, the led light wouldnt even turn on... i thought it might be the usb port so i brought my phone to the local cell phone store and had the battery charged seperatly and still nothing...

i had this for less than 2 years, i'm getting this feeling that its fried... but i didnt drop it or anythng

please advise

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: My 9900 is broken !

Same thing happened with mine, seems to be a problem with a handful when I talked to the local dealer. The worst of all he does not know what to do? I do think its a RIM problem because I ploughed myself into the net trying to find solutions but now I'm having problems downloading Blackberry Desktop Manager. Its a **bleep** conspiracy

Super Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve 3G
My Carrier: cell c

jchan369 ,,, take your phone battery out and the wallcharger and see whether the red led light comes on ? If not then you need to have your device repaired.sounds like a power ic problem, or maybe even software.because this happened to a friend of mine.so he loaded the device software and it was working,,try these two things and let me no
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

I've tried every sugeestions from this forum & nothing seems to work. I took the phone to the dealer and he said he has been receiving similar complaints from a lot other users. He said it has a blackout and he can't help