Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Smart Phone 9790
My Carrier: +919099988022

My BB 9790 Smart Phone Getting Hang Twice in a day

Dear Sir,

I have purchased my Black Berry Smart Phone 9790 from Dubai and I am using this Mobile in India. Unfortunately my device getting hang twice in a day since inception.

Every time I have to take out battery and re-boot it on every hang.

pl. Suggest what to do. I am very much fad-up with this problem.

Thanking you,

Sincerely Yours,

Kalpesh Mehta.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My BB 9790 Smart Phone Getting Hang Twice in a day

Hello aplab,

Welcome to the Community,

Our device need Restart just as our Pc ,once a day or as per user uses battery pull Restart is needed, however if you feel uneasy in battery pull you can also try by tapping alt + RShift ( aA^ ) + del it will also perform a device restart.

Please press and hold the Menu for a few seconds, it will pop up a screen which will show all running programs in the background ,generally five will always there ( Home, BBM, Message,Phone , Browser ) look if any other apps. are running.

Always  Close Applications Correctly - Avoid using the End key or Return key to close applications as this simply minimizes the application and leaves it running in the background. Instead, press the Menu key, select the Close or Exit option to exit the application.If programs run in the background it will also lead to overheating of your device. Also never keep your browser open when not in use it also uses your device cpuresulting in slow performance.,Please have a look at this Article of K.B :

How to maximize battery life and free memory on the BlackBerry smartphone  

I hope it will helpto overcome your problem

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Dear,

I think you have not understood My problem. I do not have problem taking out battery or re-booting. My problem is that twice in a day all of sudden My Black Berry Model 9790 Smart Phone got hang and no key will work in hang position, no calls, e-mails nothing will work. Even back light also stay as it is in glow condition until and unless I get it re-boot.

My problem is why My cell got hanged twice in a day ??????

I tried all possibilities what can I, but still problem is there as it is.

pl. Help.

Kalpesh Mehta

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Dear,

veryyyyyyyyyy biggggggggggggg thanqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq, today is the first day thet my phone didn't hang after inception of 6 months.

but still to go for 3-4 days to wait & watch.

again will update you if doesn't hang up.

Kalpesh Mehta

New Contributor

Dear,

Sorry for taking back big thanq, today morning again it got hanged at 9.30 am. i could not understand what is the problem with 9790 smart phone.

can you suggest any more option to come out please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kalpesh

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

Well, since you have not revealed any actions you took regarding what was recommended, and even more importantly the specific results of those actions, I am reluctant to provide more. For instance, did you boot into Safe Mode? Did you think carefully and remove anything that was put onto your BB just before the behavior started?

You see, all you have said is that it didn't hang anymore and now is doing so again...but you have given us no clue as to what you did differently to make that happen. For all I can tell from what you've told us, you did nothing different and it just happened to not hang for a bit...which would mean you still need to attempt the remedies recommended related to Safe Mode. But, I cannot tell...

Please let us know.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Dear Gardne,

I did all the things what you told for safe mode starting and all about rebooting, that is why last night i thanks for not hang up the phone. yesterday was the only day when it didn't got hang. Again the problem started from this morning. I could not understand what is happening but eventhough at anytime automatically it hangs, even in holster.

As per your instruction I have done all procedure and no extra application found running, no bad application s found etc....... This is very old problem, since i purchased the phone. I don't thik so it can be rectified unless and until it got replaced/exchange.

Kalpesh.

Hall of Famer III

OK...thanks, I did appreciate the thanks from you earlier...but could not specifically tell what the actual remedy you attempted was -- yes, I could have assumed, but I've learned (too often "the hard way"!) on this site to not assume anything and instead to go only by the exact words that a poster provides.

In any event, under your circumstances, what I would recommend next is:

1) Reloading your OS "clean" and as "bare bones" as possible...in other words, reloading your OS but leaving off everything that could be considered as optional.

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

2) If the behavior immediately presents, then seek out a different OS package...it is possible that the one you are using has some problem which is cured in a different/later version.

3) If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for perhaps a week...long enough for you to be convinced that the behavior will not appear.

4) Next install just one additional thing...just one, no matter how tempting it will be to install more.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the behavior presents...at which point you know the culprit

6) If the behavior does not present, then you know that either step 1 (the clean reload) cured any OS corruption and/or step 2 (using a different OS) cured the problem.

If all fails, then you would next be advised to do as you suggest...seek formal support for hardware-level evaluation.

For performing the OS reload, from a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure. Also be sure to modify this linked procedure to accommodate the "slow adding" process I outlined above...if you simply load everything up, then if the behavior presents, you will have no idea what the actual cause is.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!