Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: BlackBerry

My BB 9900 doesn't sound! Help me

[ Edited ]

HI! My problem is that my phone (BOLD 9900) will not ring when I receive a call, but only vibrates.
The profiles are set well I checked! To make the phone ring I have to remove the battery and reinsert it, but after a while the problem rises again! How should I do?
I did upgrade to the latest official version (v7.1.0.714), but I haven't solved anything! help me I'm going crazy because I can't hear the phone!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My BB 9900 doesn't sound! Help me

Do you have any third party applications installed? If so, please list them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

I'm sorry but what are third-party applications?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Applications installed from BlackBerry World.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

-battery saver

-bb virtual expert

-facebook

-frozen bubble

-fancytran

-groupon

-lucid translator

-my 190

-pagine bianche

-pagine gialle

-pdf creator

-photo studio

-picstory

-playtomo

-super torch

-whatsapp

Guru II

One of those is likely causing the problem.

Try rebooting the device in Safe mode and run it that way for a while and see how it goes.

Remove the battery. While holding down the back key reinsert the battery and hold the back key for another 20 seconds while the device starts to boot. Then you can let go of the back key.

Once it starts up don't open any of those apps. If the problem doesn't come back then it's one of the apps you have listed and we'll have to sort out which one it is.

I will do as thou hast said. thanks.

Guru II

Return and report!

the problem seems to be solved!
how do we figure out which application may have caused this problem?
could also be a game or a theme?

Guru II

Yes, it could be a game or theme. I can rule out Facebook and Whatsapp. Do you know about when you first noticed the problem and what you may have installed around that time? That's where I would start. Otherwise I'd start removing things one by one until you are able to figure out which app is causing the problem. I would start with apps that interact with sounds or affect your profiles in any way.