11-21-2013 09:03 AM
I have a BB9900.....I was updating whatsapp when it got hanged...I pulled the battery and then the phone wont turn on!
I bought my phone in Hong Kong and I am currently studying in India. I went to the BB store but they said they couldnt make it in India as it was bought in HongKong
11-21-2013 09:25 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
If your device problem started after installing / updating whatsapp then you should first try to delete that application from your device , As your device struck so try to boot your device on Safe Mode ( Please note it may take multiple attempts to boot on safe mode ) .
While on safe mode delete whatsapp from Options > Device > Application Management > locate and delete whatsapp from that list .
KB17877 : How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode
KB10040 :How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone
Please try it and let us know.
11-21-2013 09:56 AM
my phone wont start up at all!!!! just black screen
I know !!!!!!!
But when you reinsert your battery back , do you get the loading bar ?
Or its just black after inserting the battery even no blinking red led ? If it is then have you try with another good BlackBerry battery as a test to confirm that it's not a battery issue ?
11-21-2013 09:59 AM
NO, even after reinserting the battery the loading bar wont come.....and i even tried a new battery, bought it in fact.....still doenst work.... plz plz plz tell me something can be done
11-21-2013 10:34 AM
With your new battery can you try those steps :
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device. BlackBerry Software Download Site
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
If required , you should also investigate this below KB suggestion :
KB27956 : How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state