Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

My BB Bold 9930 is getting a 507 error message

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone!

I have a new blackberry bold 9930 and it's not working Smiley Sad everytime i take the battery out and put it back in it turns on to a 507 error message. so i went to www.blackberry.com/507 like the message told me to and did everything it said to do, meaning reinstalling software and such... so i did that and then i wanted to turn it on again and once again i get the 507 error message, once instead of the 507 error message i got the 102 error message. and a few times it actually did turn on. BUT to my shock my keyboard wasn't typing! so now i can't do ANYTHING with my black berry and i'm pretty upset about this, especially since i'm on vacation for the next four weeks overseas meaning i can't bring it to a store to get it repaired. oh and also before i forget, the water indicator on the inside of the phone is red but the battery one isn't, i have never dropped it in water! help! anyway help would greatly be appreciated and here is the info on my device:

Device info

Your carrier: Verizon Wireless

Model info and OS version (Go to Settings, then Options, then about):

Model Info: Blackberry Bold 9930

OS Version: 7.0 Bundle 1739

Apps and free space

File free before and after a battery remove/replace. before and after: 373.5MB + the 200MB that are reserved on each card as the 10%

Apps installed and their version if possible.   i can't access my phones so i can't say this

THANK YOU! Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: My BB Bold 9930 is getting a 507 error message

celinabelina wrote:

oh and also before i forget, the water indicator on the inside of the phone is red but the battery one isn't, i have never dropped it in water! help! anyway help would greatly be appreciated and here is the info on my device:

The battery strip indicator really doesn't matter. Having the device's Liquid Damage Indicator as red is NOT good. It will prevent you from getting a warranty exchange on the device. Even if not dropped in water, high humidity such as left on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath, a sweaty pocket or gym locker can activate that sticker.

The only thing you can do for Error 507 is reload the operating system.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930

Re: My BB Bold 9930 is getting a 507 error message

i've reloaded it like 50 times in the past two days :s and honestly i have no idea how that sticker got red... im just gonna try my luck at the verizon store when i get back i guess... ill probs end up owing my parents another six hundred bucks -.-