Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: vodafone

My BB Torch 9860 freezes while it reboots and refuses to turn on

My BB torch 9860 froze 4 days back while a normal hard reboot. it refuses to turn on freezes and a particular spot on the bar while rebooting. i cant update the software or do nothing as it requires the fone to turn and it refuses to do so. Please help.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: My BB Torch 9860 freezes while it reboots and refuses to turn on

Hi,

Please boot your handheld in Safe Mode and then observe.

KB17877 : How to boot your Handheld in Safe Mode.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

sahara247 wrote:

My BB torch 9860 froze 4 days back while a normal hard reboot. it refuses to turn on freezes and a particular spot on the bar while rebooting. i cant update the software or do nothing as it requires the fone to turn and it refuses to do so. Please help.

Hi sahara247

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a recent backup of your device or are you using BlackBerry protect for backup ? Because those steps need to recover your device may delete your device data . So try to start your device on safe mode as stated and do a backup of your device if you don't have then use application loader to load the OS back on your device,For further help please refer to this Knowledge Base article :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi, Thank You for the solution, but it refuses to start up. What do I do???

Elite II

sahara247 wrote:

Hi, Thank You for the solution, but it refuses to start up. What do I do???

Hi sahara247

You have to use a good fully charged BlackBerry Battery and then try those steps .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9860 BB Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

I got this mobile B torch 9860 4 months ago. I did an Blackberry OS update ( Software Version: 7.1 bundle 1149 )on 16th of this month. From that day I am not able to usemy phone it just keep freezing. Even the power button does not work. I keep removing the battery and put it back in but no use. I managed twice to get in safe mode and swipe clean all files. still no go.

Now I am not able to use my phone completely. Not even in safe mode.

Elite II

kend487 wrote:

I got this mobile B torch 9860 4 months ago. I did an Blackberry OS update ( Software Version: 7.1 bundle 1149 )on 16th of this month. From that day I am not able to usemy phone it just keep freezing. Even the power button does not work. I keep removing the battery and put it back in but no use. I managed twice to get in safe mode and swipe clean all files. still no go.

Now I am not able to use my phone completely. Not even in safe mode.

Hi kend487

Have you tried to follow the above Article KB10144  to Reload the OS ? 

Contributor

Thanks for your advise.

After making several attempt and spending many hrs I was able to make the update.

Once the update was completed my phone restarted and again its frozen in the welcome screen. I am not able to connect my phone to my PC. Its still the same. I restarted my phone, nothing works.

Is there anything else I can try.

Thanks

Elite II

kend487 wrote:

After making several attempt and spending many hrs I was able to make the update.

Once the update was completed my phone restarted and again its frozen in the welcome screen. I am not able to connect my phone to my PC. Its still the same. I restarted my phone, nothing works.

Is there anything else I can try.

Hi there,

Sounds like a hardware issue ! Still if you want to try then use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe your device then load a fresh OS pack .Or first be sure that your battery is good enough then try those steps again :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed. BlackBerry desktop software

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.  BlackBerry Software Download Site

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Contributor

Thanks for your advise.. I have tried everything.. Still no hope.. 

The phone boots and hangs in the welcome screen...

I will never buy blackberry in my life.. i have spent my one month salary for this brick... now its just a brick or a paper weight for me..