Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

My BB bold calls another number when Im on a call !! Grrr ....

My bold has started a new trick.  When Im in the middle of a phone call it puts the call on hold and dials another number - its not always the last number I called ... its random.

Its extremely furstrating for everyone - the initial caller Ive put on hold, the person it rings for no reason and me.

I thought it might be my check touching the screen and it's causing it but Im not sure.

Anyway, bloody annoying.

Any clues anyone??

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My BB bold calls another number when Im on a call !! Grrr ....

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: bolld 9900
My Carrier: bell

Mine does the same almost every time I am on a call. The phone is virtually useless. I'm almost at the point where I am going to get **bleep** Iphone. Swore I never would and lauged at my wife talking to hers all the time.

If you figure out a solution please repost!

New Contributor

This didnt fix the problem ..... still happens.
Highlighted
New Contributor

No mate .. no solution and not many replies to the post unfortunately.

Time to dump the $700+ BB me thinks.

Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

maybe you must update your blackberry OS, to get back normal
I will give you a link
http://emkwan.com/2010/01/blackberry-help-how-to-upgrade-your-blackberry-os/
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

mlaforest wrote:
This didnt fix the problem ..... still happens.

Have patience...do you want to be bombarded with things all at once? Or provided with things one at a time until you find the one that works for your situation?

My next recommendation is that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was. Also see if the behavior presents while in SAFE mode, as that will provide yet another important diagnostic indicator.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi hatemybberry .... did you get a fix to the calling another number in the middle of a call problem? .... m just about to dump the BB and get a Samsung 2 Note LTE.