Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My BB is not ringing!!

My curve was working fine until a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure what I did, but now its not ringing although it does vibrate on incoming calls.  I have made sure that my in and out of holster setting are on tone and vibrate and not on mute.  The do not disturb is also set to no.  The media player works fine, so I know it isn't my speakers.  If any one has any suggetions, please let me know.  Thanks!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My BB is not ringing!!

Are you sure you're editing the 'active' profile?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yes. I even just now checked it to make sure.  It is active in the normal profile.  I scroll to advanced, then to phone, and it tells me that both in and out of holster are set to vibrate+tone, volume for both are set to medium, and do not disturb is set to no.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Have you tested the speaker to ensure it is functioning fine; not the ear piece ......... the back speaker.  Try playing a tune or something and let us know if the speaker is working.

Regards,

Jag Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I just went to my ringtones and they are not playing out loud like they use to.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Try a hard reset ......... pull the battery out while the BB is powered on.  If that does not fix the issue, you may have to take it in for service; should be covered by your warranty.

Regards,

Jag Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Interestingly, mine is not playing the ringtone when I call it. I checked that normal is "active". Then pick a ringtone from the phone under advanced. It plays the tone fine, but when I call the phone (from my work phone obviously) it just vibrates?

Any idea?

New Contributor

I tried the hard reset, but still no luck.  I stopped by the AT&T store last night and was told that its a factory defect, but it is still under warranty.  So, thanks for all your help and suggestions!

Dave - You might want to try going to your address book, press menu, scroll down to edit, then scroll down to custom phone tune and change it there. 

New Contributor

No, that didn't help, I have some custom tones for people that call and it's not working, but, I will start my own thread so as to not muck up yours.

Thanks for the idea.

Dave

New Contributor

Just so you know, I did figure out what I was doing wrong.....or best described as impatient! LOL

When set to vibrate + tone, the tone doesn't work until it vibrates the prescribed number of times. When testing I always disconnected before going through enough vibrations, assuming something was amiss!

This site is great though and appreciate all you guys do with info!

carry on.