Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

My BB won't turn on the red light flashes and the key's light up

Hi

I have read all posts relating to my problem, but one thing my BB won't do is resgister on my computer.  The phone will not turn on, has the red light flashing and the keys light up, but the screen will not come on.  I have tried taking the battery out, charging it all night, all the recommended/ideas from this sight, but no joy.  I have only had this phone since July last year.  I haven't been able to try updating phone etc as it won't register on my or my husbands computer please help

Louise

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: My BB won't turn on the red light flashes and the key's light up

Hi and welcome to the forums!

OK the first thing to do is a hard reset

IF that doesn't work take out the battery,  plug in the charger then replace the battery and cover.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB02141 Reset a BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have tried both options previously, as I have been looking on this site for a few days now trying to find my problem.

Thanks

Louise

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The way you presented it made me think it had just happened.

So you have had the phone since July has it ever worked?

Most likely you are missing some or all of your device OS and you'll need to reload the device.

Because the phone can't generate enough signal you will have to "force detect it". I've attached the link below. If you want to proceed I'll need what version of Device OS and what version of desktop manager software.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

KB03295 How to verify which version of BlackBerry smartphone software is installed on the computer using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter