Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: 4163632962

My BBM Group Calendar Items won't synchronize with Outlook

I'm running Desktop sofware version 7.0 and own a Blackberry 9900 Bold.  I run Outlook 2007 on a PC with Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.  

I synchronize regularly with Outlook, both contacts and calendar items.  I can't get my BBM Group Calendar items to move over to my desktop.  I tried making my BBM Group Calendar my default, no luck.  

Separately, I tried doing the same thing with Google Calendar.  Same problem.  Everything moved over to the other calendar except BBM Group Calendar items on my handheld.  

Anyone any thoughts/explanation?  I have already tried re-installing my desktop software.  

Thanks, Chris.  

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: My BBM Group Calendar Items won't synchronize with Outlook

Interesting.  I don't think this is possible because each bbm group has its own calendar.  I don't think these calendars can be chosen as a default service.  Even though you can view these calendars from your device, the design behavior is different.  I'd love it if someone else could chime in on this.

Interesting, thanks.   Perhaps I mis-spoke.  My default calendar for entering new appointments is BBM Groups.  

it seems as if i'm not the only person having trouble with this (getting BBM Group Calendar items to synchronize).  You would think Blackberry would address this head-on. No?  

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

I'm at a loss,  I can't find any information on this.  Only thing I can think of is that its not a true calendar but acts like one since it originates from the groups.  best guess there... Smiley Sad  Sorry

I'm going to send them a tweet @BlackBerryHelp about this.

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

I'm also having problems syncing my group calendar to outlook. I am using it to sync appointments with my husband only but need to be able to sync to outlook to backup. also at the moment i have to put everything in twice, once on the group calendar and once on the standard calendar to sync. i've tried setting the default calendar to groups?
Highlighted
New Contributor

yeah, it's a drag.  i have given up.  One bright note:  synchronizing WITHOUT the blackberry software to a google calendar (via google synch) actually works with BBM calendar items.  You just get the google app for your blackberry.  

I don't get Blackberry.  They have this thing that people love (BBM) and they treat it like a dirty family secret. They should be enhancing the hell out of it, but instead they don't address simple problems.  If they were REALLY smart, they would do voip over it, or skype-like video calls.  Oh, well.