Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

My BBM and BB Instant messaging all not working on my BB Torch 9800 Even with my Data Plan Activated!

Device: BB Torch 9800

Carrier: Globe Telecom (Philippines)

OS Version: 2949 (v6.0.0.668,Platform 6.6.0.236)

App free Space: 266.7 MB

Device Memory free space: 3.5 GB

Apps Installed:

AOL IM: 2.5.78

BBM: 6.1.0.71

Facebook: 2.0.0.58

Google Talk: 2.5.125

My Space: 2.0.0.19

Twitter: 2.1.0.28

Windows Messenger: 2.5.125

Yahoo Messenger: 2.5.125

BB App World: 3.1.1.21

Problem: I bought my Torch 9800 on a Blackberry Retailed outlet and inserted my Old Simcard on it . I enrolled on a BB data plan from my carrier (GLOBE's BB Social ON: pls refer from this link to understand better regarding my Carrier's Data plan ) I can access only on my Facebook,My space and Twitter Apps. All other such as BBM, YM,WM,AOL ang GoogleTalk are not working. For BBM: I tried to add a contact as well as my frend tried to add me but i never received the invitation nor did my friend (my friend also has the same Carrier as mine and enrolled on the same package using his BB Bold 9000 OS 5 with BBM 6.1.0.71),another friend also tried to send me BBM invite but never received it. When I tried to log-in on my YM app,it says "service not enabled for this handheld".. I tried to go to the Carrier Customer Service to help me with the settings or something and say that my account is already updated to their BB services and I have already the correct settings. I tried to delete and reinstall the apps..did countless hard resets on my phone..but still the same problem..Can Someone help me plz..

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I'm sorry to say, but I'm having the EXACT same telecom,...

I'm sorry to say, but I'm having the EXACT same telecom, same plan, same problem. I wonder if the original poster was able to solve his problem. I still can't use my BBM, though the other apps work just fine. :/