Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

My Blackberry Bold 9000 crashed and won't start or charge at all!

One day my Blackberry just quit working. I took the battery out and tried that..nothing. I tried another battery from a different Bold that was working fine and nothing happened. It is completely dead! Now all the pictures on my phone are lost? Is there anyway I can restore this without loosing all my pictures? Rogers already sent me a new phone and want me to send this one back to them. They also informed me that I would not get any of my pictures or videos back! These pictures and videos are of my daughter and can never be replaced. My bad for not backing them up! Please if anybody can help me retrieve my pics and videos I will be extremely happy!

Solutions: 6,352
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9000 crashed and won't start or charge at all!

1. Did your Bold have a Media Card? Were your pictures and videos save to the Media Card?

2. For your device, you should be able to save it; You will need to use JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Will this work when my Blackberry is completely dead?? I cant back up anything? I did not have a media card either. It will not turn on or be recognized when I plug the usb into the computer. Will your solution still work??? I appreciate your response by the way!

New Contributor

I don't wanna loose any data or pictures from the phone. My whole purpose for this is to save the data on my phone. Is there any hope??

wapanucksees wrote:

Will this work when my Blackberry is completely dead??

Yes, one of the two methods described will very often revive a dead BlackBerry. You must follow the instructions.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

wapanucksees wrote:

I don't wanna loose any data or pictures from the phone. My whole purpose for this is to save the data on my phone. Is there any hope??

If you use the JLCmder method above, you will lose ALL data on the device, including pictures, etc.

I would suggest FIRST, that you do this
Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage).

If it doesn't boot--try using a wall outlet charger if you are not. If you are connected via USB to the PC, make certain that you have Desktop Manager (or the USB device drivers) installed.

Make certain your USB cable is connected to one of the PC's main rear USB ports. Not a USB hub, nor a monitor USB port, nor a USB port on the front of the PC.

If that doesn't work: Connect your device to the PC via USB. Make certain you connected to a good REAR USB port, not a USB hub or front USB port. On the PC, go to
 c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and locate the file "Loader.exe." \

Double click on it to run that file. Does it see the BlackBerry device connected?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: 9000 Bold

[ Edited ]

Hi I had the same problem, leave your battery out for 24 hours then put it back in. It will probably restart as mine did when it was acting exactly the same as yours. It may start right up or mine just gets a white screen no Rogers splash screen , home screen or any menu screen, but with the new commander program, SSAK 1.5 I was able to see all the files and errors in my phone you can wipe it through that also. Mine is white screen from the point where it turns on to shut off so my phone need a complete reload and i can't seem to find a full program to download and fix mine as the updates are up to 100 Mb but a complete package will be 2 or 3 times that as I found when I was programming V3 phones when they first came out. You can download the SSAK 1.5 through Google there are a few site with it and a few that are free. Pulling the battery as I mentioned earlier for a day may be all you need to do. pic of the kids can't be replaced so good luck. Or if that is confusing call me and I will try and explain as best I can  Jeff

Contributor

additional info to above post

Sorry the name of the new JL_ Commander is BBSAK 1.5 (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) but you can find it free on Google.ca

Jeff, I wouldn't recommend putting your personal information in these VERY public forums.

If the user needs help, hopefully they'll post back here and get the help needed.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thanks for that info I am still new to the site and knew how important the pics are to families, I never thought past that point but will retain for future postings