Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: BT

Re: My Blackberry Bold 9900 will not turn on .. ?

As stated already, read the posts above. If there is not a solution there then it might require you to send the phone back to the supplier. 

Going by my personal experience, I've had to send 2 phones back with this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: MTN

Hello all,

Is there any solution to this blackbold 9900. Have the same issue with my bold 9930.. can anybody help us out.

My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 3

I tested 4hr and 15 min sequence with a brand new battery that I bought and it still wont turn on Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

chenai16 wrote:

I tested 4hr and 15 min sequence with a brand new battery that I bought and it still wont turn on Smiley Sad

Well, you've mixed together the two separate tests, and therefore the result is invalid. The 4h15m process is to be used with any battery as an attempt to sort of "jump start" the device. And the subsequent battery swap is to be done with only a "known good" battery...a new battery is not necessarily "known good".

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9900 ASB4B01051
My Carrier: BLACKBERRY

I am still facing the same problem, even I tried the below procedure:

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

Could you please advise on what should I have been done to turn on my phone?

sdgardne wrote:

mrroxsi wrote:

Help..!!!
My blackberry will not turn on..
it is totally non-responsive!
however when i charge it a red light flashes but it still does not turn on.
My computer is not picking it up either...
Please help..

I pulled the battery and still nothing. I have it on charge now.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

I cannot quite tell from your post. There are two different processes recommended, the 4h15m process, and the battery swap test. From your post, I think you did the 4h15m process, but I cannot tell if you did the battery swap. If not, then please do. If so, then please provide the specific results.

Thanks and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: 9900 ASB4B01051
My Carrier: BLACKBERRY

Thanks for the reply, my phone is tunred on, but the window is black. ( the phone is on but the window is not working). Could you please advise for this case?

sdgardne wrote:

I cannot quite tell from your post. There are two different processes recommended, the 4h15m process, and the battery swap test. From your post, I think you did the 4h15m process, but I cannot tell if you did the battery swap. If not, then please do. If so, then please provide the specific results.

Thanks and let us know!

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Yes, I can advise for that case. The advice is exactly the same as before...the two different processes, with specific results from you posted here from each process. Without those specific results, there is nothing new to offer.

Good luck and let us know!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 990
My Carrier: MTC

Hi, I have the same problem as below - and no battery light shows well.  I have taken out the battery, have tried to restart but the phone is just dead.  I went to buy a new battery, but it is not the battery, the phone does not want to start up.

How and i retrieve all my contacts and information from this Blackberry 9900 as I guess there is no way the phone will start again.  Please help - as i have very important infor on the phone..

Tanya

Hall of Famer III

TanyaMaloney wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem as below - and no battery light shows well.  I have taken out the battery, have tried to restart but the phone is just dead.  I went to buy a new battery, but it is not the battery, the phone does not want to start up.

How and i retrieve all my contacts and information from this Blackberry 9900 as I guess there is no way the phone will start again.  Please help - as i have very important infor on the phone..

Tanya

The process provided in post 10 above specifically avoids a new battery...a new battery can be defective, where borrowing from someone else who has no issues ensures you are testing with a truly known good battery. If you cannot get your BB to boot up, then you cannot retrieve any data from it. Backups, like insurance, are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!