Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

My Blackberry Curve 8310 has no video recorder on it

I there a way to upgrade my phone so I can have a capable video recorder to record videos?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Can I download a media card for my Blackberry 8310 or do I actually have to buy one?

Can anyone help?

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Re: My Blackberry Curve 8310 has no video recorder on it

That's odd... I have AT&T and a Curve 8310; it has both a video and audio recorder built into it.  I could not access my video recorder until I bought and inserted a microSD card into the Curve.  The video camera's recordings take up a lot of memory compared to the camera, and if you don't have a memory card installed, this could be your problem.

If you do have a memory card with space on it, it's possible that the video recorder icon was accidentally hidden from view on the Home screen.  While in the Home screen, press the Menu button (to the left of the trackball) and make sure "Show All" is checked.  This will show you all icons, even the hidden ones; see if you can find the video camera icon among your list of icons. 

FYI - You can also access the video recorder through the "Camera" icon.  Click on the Camera icon, then once the screen switches to camera viewfinder, click on the Menu button (left of the trackball) and select "Video camera."  This will then give you recording access to the video feature if your device has memory.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My Blackberry Curve 8310 has no video recorder on it

out of curiosity how much was your microSD card for the curve? thanks!