Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone India

My Blackberry Curve 8520 hangs.

With my Blackberry Curve 8520 handset when one call is going on and the second calls comes (call waiting) the device hangs. I have checked the device software version from the blackberry's official website and it shows that it is the latest version. Our organisation has provided total 13 of the executives as me and many of us are facing the same problem.

What could be the reason and what is the solution...??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Blackberry Curve 8520 hangs.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Are any of the affected handsets a totally vanilla device OS? As in, zero add-ons? It could be an add-on that is the culprit...but determining that is a tedious process. My recommendation is to build one from scratch and then install no add-ons. See if the problem happens. Then start slowly adding add-ons and testing each time. Once the behavior starts, you have found the culprit.

If, on the other hand, a truly vanilla BB experiences the behavior, then there would appear to be a problem with the core OS itself. You should double check your carriers DL site for a device OS update (btw...there is no BB official website to check for device OS releases...the carriers control OS releases...RIM hosts some on a RIM site, but the content is controlled by each carrier.).

Please also report back with your carrier and the device OS level that you are using on these HHs.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................