Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

My Blackberry Curve 9300 wont turn on

My phone has been off for the past 5 days and wen i switched it on this morning it would not switch on. I've removed the battery, put it back in and it still wont switch on. All it show is a dead battery sign. I've been charging it for the past 4 hours and it still shows the same sign. A red flashing light keeps goin on and off and i dont know what that indicates. Do i need a new battery or the phone has a fault? I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can help

Many Thanx

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: My Blackberry Curve 9300 wont turn on

Hey Gbsn,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Try completing a clean reload of the device software.

Check out the following article on how to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader to reload the OS http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144

I hope this helps.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300

Thank you.. Its now back to normal

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: 447886890819

Hello, I have try that with my device, but the update does no pass the point "connecting to JVM" it just says that my device is not connected. And the phone remains off. Is there a simple way like anyother phones where you can long hold a button to turn the device on? thank you for your time

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: BSNL

My Blackberry 9900 won't turn on.

I was away for 10 days to the UK while my phone was switched off in India. When i came back, I tried to charge it but it won't charge. The Desktop Software does not detect the phone either so i can't wipe it. There is no red light. PLEASE HELP!

My Device: Blackberry 9300

Did you ever find out how to fix this problem or how to fix your phone? the exact same has happened to me!