Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

My Blackberry Curve 9320 freezes to often :L

I recently got a Blackberry Curve 9320 which I was told was the latest model and would have the least problems. However I have been witnessing many problems with the device. It repeatably freezes when on apps like pictures when im scrolling through the images. It will freeze half way between two images and then close and will not let me back on the app until I restart it by taking the battery out. Also sometimes when I edit the volume the symbol will stay frozen on my screen until I restart it. I do not understand why it is doing this and it is annoying having to keep restarting it. Can anyone let me know why it might be doing this or anything I can do to solve it? I am trying to avoid taking it back but would appreciate advice on this. Thankyou.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: My Blackberry Curve 9320 freezes to often :L

Check how much free application storage you have.
On the home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon. Click Device > Storage.

Close any apps you're not using.
Press and hold the key until the application switcher appears. Click an application icon. Press the key > Close or Exit.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

I have 7.7MB isnt that quite a lot? What would that have to do with my freezing?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Charley16 wrote:

I have 7.7MB isnt that quite a lot? What would that have to do with my freezing?

Hello Charley

No it is not ! Your device is suffering from a very low memory , you should have atleat 70 to 80 MB of free space which may allow your device to run smoothly .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Like prince mention above your device is suffering from low memory, you should try and clear up some free space. Here is a link you should take a look at.

Freeing space to optimize your smartphone's performance

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/41695/1764586.jsp