Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

My Blackberry Torch 9800's buttons don't work

The touch screen works, but none of the buttons work.  I have restarted, I have removed the battery numerous times, but nothing.  It was working this morning.  No water damage, no drop damage, just stopped working.  I am limited in what I can do and almost every time I want to close an application, i need to remove the battery because there is no way to close.  It's very frustrating.  I can still take and make calls but have difficulty even hanging up after a call! 

I took it to ATT and it is no longer under warranty.  I may just take it in to a repair place. 

I have had so many problems with this blackberry and this is the last straw.  I may move to an iphone or droid.  I've had it.  If I didn't have this phone through my work plan I would not have a Blackberry.

Thanks for any help!

My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: My Blackberry Torch 9800's buttons don't work

Hey jelyrae,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest reloading the device software by following the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

If the issue still persists, then the issue will be hardware related and will need to be repaired. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!