Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

My Blackberry fell into an orange juice!

Yesterday, on the evening, I fell my blackberry into an orange juice that I believe contains sugar. I didn't notice it until about 5 minutes later. Then after that, I take the battery out and trying to dry my phone using electric pump(because I can't find my hairdryer) for about 5 minutes. The wind come from the pump is really strength so I have to turned it on and off every 2 seconds. Then I made a mistake Smiley Sad<br>I thought it was okay, so I put the battery back and try to turned it on. It won't start and the LED just blinking red many times. And stupidly, I'm thinking about using the methods for nuked blackberry, and put the data cable (which I oftenly use as a charger) and connecting it with my computer. Many times. It still won't work.<br><br>Then I try to pull the battery, and leave it behind. A day have gone by. And this evening, I just happened to see this forum. And really regret my action :'(<br>For now, I just put my Blackberry and my battery (separated) in the rice and put it on the refrigerator.<br><br>My question is, is it possible for my Blackberry to work well like before? With the sugar, orange juice, and all the thing I've done that might destroy some part of my Blackberry.<br>Please help! There's so many memories with that phone. Please help! Is there any recommendation or tips or anything that will help?<br>Thanks before :'(
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Blackberry fell into an orange juice!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Given your description, I would not hold out much hope. Applying power to the BB between the time of getting wet and being fully dry increases the chances of causing damage. But, then again, I've seen BBs come back to life immediately and be fine forever. I've seen other BBs take days to come back to life and be fine forever. And I've further still seen BBs seem to come back to life, only to fail later.

Orange juice is highly acidic though, so I honestly don't hold out much hope for your situation. Besides needing to be dried, it also probably needs to be cleaned out as residue will be left behind once it's fully dried, and that residue itself may be corrosive even if completely dry.

I've never heard of the bit of putting it into the refrigerator, though...that's a new one to me. Normally, one puts the dry rice container in a very warm and dry place -- atop a radiator, on top of electronic gear, etc. Putting it into a cold place is a new one to me...though it is quite dry inside of a fridge. It will be interesting to see how that works out for you.

All in all, there is no way to predict your outcome...it will be what it will be. Hopefully you've been practicing good backup procedures all along to protect the priceless data kept on your device (the device itself is a mere commodity).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: none

Re: My Blackberry fell into an orange juice!

The reason you should not turn it on when it is wet that you can short everything out completely and you will definitely have a loss.