Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Digicel
Accepted Solution

My Blackberry is dropping calls

I have a torch 9810. A white unlocked . Recently my phone started dropping calls whenever i made a call or received a call. The service drops to SOS and the call is suddenly lost. The network is fine because other ppl are able to call. I need help !!! The perpose of a phone is to call . I am really disappointed . HELP ME !!!

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: My Blackberry is dropping calls

Hi there,

Start by doing a battery pull - while the device is on, remove the battery for 15-30 seconds, reinsert and wait for the device to reboot. Does that help?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

No , i tryed evrything. I think its the AT&T phone having trouble with my local network provider. Any other suggestions?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

No this did not help i tried all your suggestions. But it seems to be a problem with the unlocked unit since the network provider Digicel is to blame for the dropping of calls. Can i fix this problem or do I have to scrap my phone and buy 1 that works? I bought it unlocked but it has a at&t logo on it. Pleae help.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Goto Options, Device, Advanced system settings, SIM card.

press the BB button and choose show keyboard, hold the shift key till locked to type MEPD in CAPS

Look for Network in the list.
If your device is "unlocked", it should say Disabled or Inactive. If it says Active, it's still locked to that carrier.

Also it could be a faulty SIM card or one the Torch does not like. I had o upgrade my SIM on my 9810 afre having a 9800.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

i found a solution on my own . I switch my network to 2G and it works finee . U could of told me that Smiley Tongue My carrier is 2G .

Guru III
My Device:

OUCH, thats no fun to figure out.

i have had 3g services here for many years and didnt know digicel does not support it yet.

thanks for coming back with your solution