Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Style 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

My Blackberry style doesn't hold a charge

With my first one I have tried two batteries. Than I bought another blackberry style at sprint. I have had this phone for 2 weeks and my phone dies in 5-6 hours when not using it just as my first one did. I have nothing downloaded. I have made sure that I close my programs. No aps. Have not changed any settings. Ideas????

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: My Blackberry style doesn't hold a charge

[ Edited ]

Hey srocereto311,

Welcome to the forums.

Battery life can vary depending on usage. This article should help to maximize battery power: 

How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

Also if you do not use any location services you can turn this feature off by going to Options - Device - Location Settings.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Style
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: My Blackberry style doesn't hold a charge

Mine isn't that bad, but after a night's charge it gets dangerously low 12 hours later. That's with maybe ten minutes of phone calls, a few emails and playing around at appworld trying to find some apps, which seems to really drain it. I'm blaming the poor battery life on browser useage, which could be directly related to Sprint network. I can almost see the battery indicator go down.