Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

My Bold 9900 will not stop vibrating

My Bold 9900 will not stop vibrating, already done reboot and reinstalled software

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: My Bold 9900 will not stop vibrating

Hello jjnogueira and welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone.

Just to clarify the issue - as soon as your BlackBerry is powered on, it immediately begins to vibrate?

I would suggest you use the BlackBerry® Desktop Software to back up your device data and do a security wipe as shown in KB14058 "How to delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Wipe Handheld option" and before you restore your data, power off and on the BlackBerry to ensure the constant vibration has ceased.

Let me know how you make out.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: WIND

did this work? i'm having the same problem
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: WIND

has this proven to be successful? i'm havin the same problem with my phone and want to make sure this works before i attempt it.

thanks

d

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: o2

Hi,

My 9900 vibrates as soon as i plug it in, how do i RMA the item?

thanks,

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

dclazenby wrote:

Hi,

My 9900 vibrates as soon as i plug it in, how do i RMA the item?

thanks,

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

While there may be many reasons for your issue, you have requested specific instructions...hence...RIM provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into RIM at no charge to the end user. So, your path for support is there...the method can vary by region, so check your original purchase documentation to tell you the provisions of your warranty along with how to exercise it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................