Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

My Curve 8520 has a battery life of max 3 hours?

I have a Curve 8520 and bought it new June 2011 and it seemed fine until now. Recently I have been having major problems with the battery life - starting fully charged, it will not last more than 3 hours before shutting itself down. During that time it is switched on but not doing anything and I will only have sent about 3 texts and a few bbm messages (because I know how weak the battery is) .. 

It is starting to get really annoying, I have to bring a charger with me into school and charge it up three times for it to last until I get home - it's basically pointless as a mobile phone because I can't trust it to last me more than three hours if I'm out and my mum needs to be able to contact me. 

The guy in the orange shop said to back it up/reboot it or something on my computer and see if that helps, I have tried and nothing changed. 

Any advice/ ideas on what this could be? Thanks a lot ! Smiley Happy 

New Contributor

Re: My Curve 8520 has a battery life of max 3 hours?

also, the wifi is never switched on and neither is bluetooth, only the mobile network
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi pantoufle

From what you described it seems the time to buy a new battery , Or if you can barrow a battery from any of your friend  for a few hours and try it on your device to see if it make any changes , It will let you know if you really need a new Battery.

Generally our Smartphone battery may last upto 2 yrs depending on how a user use it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

thanks for the advice. I've tried sticking a new battery in it and it doesn't seem to change anything. It just rebooted and is now stuck on 'verifying security software: 60%' and has been so for the last hour. maybe time for a new phone!
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi pantoufle

Well Its good if you bought a new battery but Are you trying to update / Relaod your device OS ? 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.