Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

My Curve 8900 has slowed down.

I frequently get the "clock" symbol whizzing round and have to wait to open a file or take action for some time. I don't have a lot of data stored on the device and wonder what the problem is!!!!!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My Curve 8900 has slowed down.

Can you tell me how much free application memory is on the device? Not storage, but free memory. Look in Options >Storage or Memory (I forget the exact menu location in OS5.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Application Memory Free Space: 830.2 KB

Media Card Space: 7.3 GB

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Your device memory is almost completely used up. Where are your pictures being saved?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I was under the impression that they were being saved on my 8 GB Sandisk Micro, but it looks as though they might be elsewhere!!! Can I transfer them onto the disk or would it be preferable to transfer all of them onto my PC?

Many Thanks for your help,

Guru II

So, the 8900 doesn't have a separate media storage area. It's been a while but I think you can connect the device to Desktop Manager and transfer the pictures off the device memory to the computer. Once you do that you can use mass storage mode to copy and paste them back to the media card. Sorry, it's been a long time since I used the 8900.

Guru II

On the device you can move pictures one by one but you'll need to use DM to transfer them if you have a lot.

You're going to need to get that memory freed up or you will continue to have these problems. You also risk losing call logs and text messages.