Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9370
My Carrier: 919624891699

My Device Curve 9370 Not getting register

Hi,

I have New Blackberry Curve - 9370. I have activated blackberry plan. It has been 5 days since the plan has got activated, my device does not show "edge" in capital. I have done setting many a time as suggested by my service pro vider. Still nothing is happening.

While configuring my email it gives an error message " Your device had a problem connecting to the server".

Dont understand, is this the problem with my device or the service provider. 

Can anybody help me on this?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: My Device Curve 9370 Not getting register

Hello harshadmba80

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

From where you bought that device , from your Service provider or from somewhere else ?

On your Homescreen Go to Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = what is the status ?

But always its our own Carrier or mobile network provider who can give us the correct reason for such issue.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi,

Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = Not Connected

I have purchased this phone online.

Elite II

harshadmba80 wrote:

Hi,

Manage Connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = Not Connected

It simply means on your device you still don't have BIS from your carrier .

Also , if you bought that device online then there are many possibilities like , it is from a carrier which uses radio frequency then your present  Carrier , the device is still registered with another network  etc.

Check this article if your device is properly unlocked Unlocking your BlackBerry Guide

But as I already told , it is your present carrier who can give you much more details regarding this , So Contact your carrier for formal support .Or contact the online vendor from which you got that device. 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

HI,

My phone is unlocked. I am able to use voice calling and everything, except for BIS.

Also while using the another BIS activated card in my handset, it is working.

Also when I am putting my BIS acitivated card in any another Blackberry device, it is working.

So am very much confused where the problem is, whether it is the handset or my service provider?

While registering my handset online with the service provide, it gives me the message that your device is not registered.

But service provider saying there is no problem from there side... What to do???

Elite II

harshadmba80 wrote:

My phone is unlocked. I am able to use voice calling and everything, except for BIS.

Also while using the another BIS activated card in my handset, it is working.

Also when I am putting my BIS acitivated card in any another Blackberry device, it is working.

Hey harsh

Is the SIM card with active BIS is from the same carrier as you have or its different ? If its from same carrier as you have then problem seems to be on your Carrer Side. if that SIM you tried are from a different carriers then problem must be  with your Device itself , Maybe the device which you bought online is from a carrier which works on a  different radio frequency then your present carrier or your carrier doesn't support that BlackBerry Model .

On your Homescreen press and hold alt + ^ aA + H , it will popup a screen , look for vendor ID = ?  You can ask your Carrier if they supports that Vendor device or model on there Network . 

Can you try to replace that device and get back your money from that online vendor ! 

New Contributor

HI,

Let me tell you, while using the prepaid card of my carrier with active BIS services, I am able to use BIS.

But while using the postpaid card of the same carrier, the BIS services are not working.

Now what could be the problem? Same carrier providing service in prepaid and in postpaid its not working.

Regards

Elite II

harshadmba80 wrote:

Let me tell you, while using the prepaid card of my carrier with active BIS services, I am able to use BIS.

But while using the postpaid card of the same carrier, the BIS services are not working.

Hello harsh

Then definetly  the problem is with your Post Paid SIM card , Contact your Carrier and ask for a new SIM and also to reset your BIS account on there server . It might help.

New Contributor

Ok. But this (Post paid SIM) is working in another blackberry phones and not only in my phones.

So could it be a SIM Card problem?

Elite II

harshadmba80 wrote:

Ok. But this (Post paid SIM) is working in another blackberry phones and not only in my phones.

It means your device is still not properly registered with your Carrier , 

On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Advance System Setting > Host Routing Table > Press the Menu Key > Register Now >  did you recieve any registration message in your message box ? 

harshadmba80 wrote:

So could it be a SIM Card problem?

It might be , you should consider all options , because your situation is really unusual , As I said also call your Carrier to Reset your BIS account on there Server.

As a side note : As you bought that device Online , so have you reset it to factory Setting before using it