Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

My Icons Are Gone!!!

I had previously organized my icons into 3 separate folders.  Then I decided to just have two folders so I moved all the icons into one of the other folders.  So then I had a folder with nothing in it and tried to delete it.  At first the folder wouldn't go away but when I turned on my BB later, everything was gone.  When I click on the menu key nothing comes up at all.  The only way I have found I could go anywhere is to go into camera and click on the menu and then select "switch apps".  But none of the apps/icons that might be useful with resolving this are available.  I am wondering if the best solution would be to download new operating system.  Any other ideas?  Thanks

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: My Icons Are Gone!!!

So you are lookng at a blank screen with no folders and no Icons is that correct?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Well, lets say I push the red button on the top right.  I guess that's the home screen right?  I can't recall what my theme is called but it is the one where there are four rows of apps.  In my case, I have Messages at the top and under that it (was) Calendar (the word "Calendar" is gone, but I have two appts. that are still present), under Calendar is my Call Log, and under that is Applications.  So all of the above, except for the word "Calendar" are present.  This is my Home screen.

When I hightlight and enter "Applications" or if I push the menu button, that is when it goes blank, except for the wallpaper and the very top row, i.e. signal strength.  So that's where I am stuck.

Thanks

Guru I

First at the home screen try holding the alt key and red telephone key together what happens?

If nothing, at the homescreen press the sym key, what happens?

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

I tried what you said a few times.  There was an arrow that appeared briefly at the very top right but that was it.  Then after a few tries I got an app error 523 and it wants to reset.  So I reset and nothing improved.
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

The 523 error indicates two solutions:

1) delete the recently installed applications:

2) reload the device OS.

Delete the Applications:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Clean reload of the device OS:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 11-15-2008 10:38 PM

Contributor

Thanks Bifocals!  Your time and effort are much appreciated. I ended up reloading the OS. I backed up prior so I am back where I was before the whole mess bagan.

Thanks Again!  Jim

Guru I

GOOD JOB!!

Bifocals