Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Att

My Pain is Over

Yesterday, my 29th day of owning a Torch, I finally returned it to Att.   I really wanted to make this phone work, there are many features I like, however, the slowness of the processor, the low resolution screen, the crappy camera were the deal breakers.   

Blackberry made a step in the right direction with the torch - unfortunately they just put lipstick on a pig rather than offering a robust product.   Shame on you RIMM in this competitive market.

For all those who will critizie me now - you be better off letting these words fall on the ears of RIMM in hopes that they improve their product.  

Until Torch 2... Adios

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: My Pain is Over

The speed of the processor is slower than some other phones.  The screen resolution is not the highest available.  The camera would probably not be used by professional photographers.  All valid points, but I've found the following:  I don't wait long for my apps to load and run, the photos and videos on my screen can be seen clearly from a few feet away and the photos I take look pretty darned good on my screen and when uploaded online.

The Torch is a phone that does many things very well.  Many phones will have some features that outshine the Torch, and a select few might even put some of the Torch's features to shame.  But all in all, the Torch is the best phone I've owned so far (out of approximately 10) and I, for one, stand by it.

C'mon back anytime!

(P.S. Why would anyone buy a Torch if the specifications were not to his liking?  It sounds like the features he wanted were not in line with this phone's features.  If it was software problems, we could have helped but don't buy the phone if it's not what you're looking for.)

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: My Pain is Over

What did you get instead ? Bold?