Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My Pearl (8130) won't stop transmitting data!

I know this is unusual, since the BB is supposed to constantly be doing stuff, but starting this morning I'm noticing that the blue arrows in the upper right corner are always flashing or solid (indicating data transmission).  Normally, it would flash occasionally just to check email and such, but that would be it.  I have tried turning off the radio and even a hard reset and it won't stop the transmission.  Halp?
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: My Pearl (8130) won't stop transmitting data!

Two possible reasons:

1. You have installed an application that transmits the data.

Check applications/settings you have installed on your device.

2.Your device is interacting with Blackberry Enterprise Server.

Contact your wireless provider support to resolve this.

As an option you can backup all your sensitive data and reinstall/update your blackberry handheld OS.

New Contributor

I have no 3rd party applications installed, and my email is a gmail account....no BES involved.  It's acting as if it's trying to download/upload a HUGE file.  It's quite disconcerting watching my battery meter drain Smiley Sad
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Try to do the following.

1. Disable all connections on your device. 
  2. Open device log. Click on "Alt" button, hold it and click LGLG sequence. The device log will be opened. Clear this log via menu. Close log via Esc key.
  3. Wait some time, say 30-minutes.
  4. Open log again. If there is a process that tries to connect outside there will be records about failed connection attempts with process information.
New Contributor

Perfect idea!  Thanks for your help.  I'll post back with the results!
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Have you tried the battery pull and replacing it after one minute? Letting the device reboot?

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Alltel

I'm having the same problem. How do you get to the device log??

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9100
My Carrier: Wind

I have a similar problem, I have noticed this every few days, my blackberry 9100 will transmit constantly with the data active icons in the upper right corner blinking. I do not think I have any programs running in the background, I thought maybe it was blackberry protect sending a backup but it is too frequent to be the case. My phone will often get very hot as it transmits and the battery runs down within a few hours. This is very annoying.

I just updated the OS to see if I could get rid of this transmission thing. I am trying the log option but nothing is showing up. I'm going to search for some newer threads as this is from 4 years ago.