Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 Smartphone
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

My Phone is Messed UP!

Last night I was downloading a bunch of apps and now today my phone is not working.  When I try to make a call it says "for emergencies only".  Also, at the very top it says, "Initialization Failed - 09...." and to the very top on the right where the bars are there is a RED SOS

I tried resetting to factory default, but still not working. 

My icons are small in size.

The apps are gone.  What do I do now?

Thanks!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: My Phone is Messed UP!

You need to replace your sim card. Go to an ATT store and get a replacement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I got impatient and just had a chat session with AT&T

I took out the battery and SIM card, waited awhile, did a default reset and now it's working.

This all happened after downloading some apps last night.  I think I'll leave the apps alone!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The apps didn't do anything to the sim card. I would get the sim card replaced anyway. It may be working now but it will likely quit again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

What would make the SIM card go bad so that I would have to replace it?

Guru II

No idea but sims don't last forever and I've seen the error many times before. The cure is a new sim. I recommend replacing the sim card.

Contributor

ok....I have tried everything that has been suggested I try to get rid of that password app....I see it is listed on my apps list.  I even finally got through to Blackberry support and I lost the call.  She has my number and I would think she would have called me back, but no.....

She suggested that I do a factory reset, but I don't want to lose my contacts list or my pictures.  So, how do I copy my contacts list and pictures to my SIM card and then how do I do the factory reset.  Do I leave the SIM card in?

I have gone into my security settings and the box where you should be able to uncheck your password to unenable your password will not work.  It is stuck in enable password.  The tech girl didn't know why this is not working. 

I am so very frustrated at this point.  I just want this password to go away!

Guru II

What app are you referring to? You need to install the Desktop Software and use it to make a full backup of your device. Then do the factory reset. Then restore the backup to your device and all your data will be restored.

Contributor

When I turn on my phone there is a blue screen with my name at the top and a lock icon on the bottom right.  I've checked my app list and this is listed under Application Management:  Password Lock version 6.0

It is an app; password lock application for blackberry.  There is also an icon on my ALL list.

However, when I go to options, security, password, there is an enable box with a lock icon and a check box.  This is the box that will not uncheck and the tech person did not no why or how to fix that.

I have the desktop software installed and today did a backup.  When I do the reset, I'm not sure how to get my contacts list back from the software.

Guru II

That password lock application for blackberry is a core application and part of the OS. You cannot delete it.

The small lock icon that is next to where you uncheck the password lock feature is there because there is an IT policy on the device. The device must have been used on a corporate BES server. However, there is no need to worry about how it got there. You can easily remove it.

Please use Desktop Manager to make a full backup of your device by following the instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23680

Then do the reset to factory by following the instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18998

Then restore your backup by following the instructions here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

This will solve your problem and allow you to remove the password lock from the device.