Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: tmobile
Accepted Solution

My Torch Just Keeps Rebooting

Hi, today I downloaded an app called "Never Miss A Free App" sent to me in a link form S4BB.  My Torch then started a reboot and since then that is all it will do. I have tried to connect it to my BB Desktop, but it won't connect and the desktop shows the message that the Torch is either off or rebooting. Seems to me that I am completely stuffed as the phone seems useless now.

Any suggestions please?

I have contacted S4BB who have sent an automated reply acknowledging my email and asking if there is anything else they can do. Not very helpfull and they are based in Hong Kong.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My Torch Just Keeps Rebooting

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Ouch! That's a bad app...looks like this article may be of use to you:

Follow it very carefully and try many times...the Tips talk about timing of the steps, so you have to get it just right to work.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

before that, try safe mode

How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Tried you solution. Perfect!  And a huge relief!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad it helped. Keep rocking the Torch!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hi, thank you for your assistance yesterday. This evening my Torch had developed a similar fault, accept that now it completes about two thirds of the reboot and then starts another reboot. I have tried holding down the escape button and this make no difference.

Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

boble000 wrote:

Hi, thank you for your assistance yesterday. This evening my Torch had developed a similar fault, accept that now it completes about two thirds of the reboot and then starts another reboot. I have tried holding down the escape button and this make no difference.

Any suggestions?

Ouch again...well, I suppose the first recommendation I gave you (way up there) might now be of use.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Hi, just thought I would let you know that I was able to perform an OS reinstall by going on the Blackberry.com and clicking on Applications and Software. Connected my phone with USB lead, PC recognised phone and it then performed reinstall without any prompts/actions being required by me. Really very easy if I was able to do it!!

Many thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Two BB Torches 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

This does NOT work with B B Torch 9800's! I have two and each one has gone though this TWICE now! They have gone in for repair and all they do is reflash the device and send it back to me, then 24 hours later after installing apps from BB app workd, they are baxk in the store to go to repair again.

I( have been a BB user since the old 947 days and this is the first model that wasn't worth the silicon that it was made with. Plus I even had insurance on them - that 7 dollar a month thing with Bell Mobility? Guess what, since it's been ojnly two months (and I have only been able to use the two devices for about 12 days in the last two months), it is not worth it as they will not support it or issue you a new phone as they will send you right back to Bell Mobility to0 get it repaired again.

RIM should just send me the reflash software to dave me the time of going through these repairs again. Also I heard that the hardware is to blame - something about faulty eeproms holsing the OS that need to be replaced, but Bell keeps reflashing and sending it back to you.

So in essence, to resolve THIS issue, you need to send your device back to your carrier and have them send it into repair while you pay for your contract fo nothing. Sorry for venting BUT I am very frustrated over this issue happening less than 24 hours afte3r recieving th devices back.

Something has to be done about this - I ended up cancelling both contracts because of Bell's poor support and un wi,lingness to provide a NEW replacement phone - read the fine print on your contract and you'll see that the carrier is not responsile for the hardware anymore like in the old days - especially only after 19 days after purchase and then 24 hours after repairs all in less than 2 months...

Contributor

Hi, it seems you are having a miserable time with your Blackberry's.  I can confirm that by reinstalling the operating system into my Blackberry Torch, the problem I was having was completely cured (famous last words).