Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobilité
Accepted Solution

My Torch don't stop rebooting

[ Edited ]

I have installed adidas miCoach from App World, after the installation I set authorization. After that my Torch shut down an reboot and don't stop to reboot again and again on the first screen. The black one. How can I fix that ?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My Torch don't stop rebooting

[ Edited ]

You can try removing that app to see if that will take you out of the endless reboot loop.

Download an app called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife).  It's a neat little app with which you can do a number of things, including deleting .cod files (which are the files related to running apps like miCoach).

Once you have that installed, connect your device to the PC and launch BBSAK.  It'll ask you for a password.  If you don't have a password set on your device, just click OK.  Once in the app, click on the Modify CODs tab.  You'll then have to select "Read System", which will load up all the files on the righthand side of the screen.  Once the utility has read your device, scroll down until you come across the file that looks like it might be the miCoach application.  Once you find it, click once on it, then press the Remove button.  Your device should then reboot and hopefully will resolve your rebooting issue.

Hopefully the file name is pretty obvious as you don't want to go messing around too much with this if you're unsure of what you're doing.

Hope this helps!

Sorry, here is the link for BBSAK: www.bbsak.org

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

also can boot into safe mode

How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in safe mode

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I

Thanks, knotty.  I always forget about that method.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

I can't try safe mode, at two third of loading bar, the stop and reboot again, I never see my wallpaper, never security test part.

Forums Veteran I

Okay, have you tried BBSAK to see if you can remove the offending file?

Contributor

BBSAK help me to access to my phone, but reboot again ...

Is it possible to try reinstall os and software, i am not worry with my data, I have blackberry protect so all my data are saved

Forums Veteran I

So you are able to access the device with BBSAK?  If so, you can use the wipe OS function to clear the device and then reload the OS.

Make sure you have your OS of choice insatlled on your PC for the reload.

Contributor

I use BBSAK to swipe my Torch and after error 507 I was able to install my OS with loader on BBDM. Thanks !

Forums Veteran I

Excellent!  Meant to post yesterday that you will see an error 507, which basically means there's no OS on the device.

Glad you got it sorted out.