Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Me?

My Wifi is playing up BIG TIME?

Ok, so a few days ago my wifi went completely nuts on my Blackberry.

I cannot recieve E-mails or BBM's whilst connected to my home Wi-fi, even though i can browse the web whilst connected to it. I receive all of my messages when i get into Mobile network coverage.

THEN after i try resolving it, by removing my wifi profile and making it again etc. My black berry seems to think its a hotspot(?) and won't let me do anything else concerning it.

Help Please?

James

Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My Wifi is playing up BIG TIME?

James, it would be helpful if you would complete your carrier to the left, rather than 'me?", that just not helpful in directing you.

BUT, If you're in Europe or the Middle East...
There is currently a BIS over WiFi outage issue, it's been ongoing several days or so in the EU, Mid East and nearby. I've read that RIM is aware and fixing the issue, and some users are seeing it work now, but most are not.
Here is what RIM has stated yesterday, "Some customers in EMEA are having issues connecting to BlackBerry services over WiFi. We are aware of this and are looking into it."
Here is what I would recommend you do...
1. Contact your mobile service provider tech support and explain all that you have done to troubleshoot this issue.(reboot device, turn off and on the WiFi connection, reboot the router, etc)
2. Tell them you believe there is a BIS data problem in your area (or the country)
3. Ask (demand) them to escalate this issue to RIM level tech support.

You really can't call RIM direct. Your mobile service provider, by contract to you and to RIM, handles all technical support issues, and those they cannot, are escalated to RIM, which is why the third item above is important.

Here is a thread of user such as yourself experiencing the same:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/wifi-curve-8520/m-p/1135407/highlight/false#...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Me?

I didn't actually know what carrier meant! Smiley Happy

So that explains the first bit, and now my "Hotspot difficulties" ?

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

carrier = your mobile service provider, to whom you pay your bill each month.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code