Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9530
My Carrier: MTS

My World not accurate

The My World view on my BB 9530 is not showing the apps I have installed accuratly.  Most are correct but it is showing Ambiance and Role Call Tasks as being Uninstalled, when in fact, they are on my phone and working fine.

Not sure if this will be a problem for me at some point, but I wanted to mention it.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My World not accurate

Hi there!

Sometimes, if you install an update to an app via the app itself (as opposed to via AppWorld), AppWorld will lose track of the app and think that it's uninstalled. That's what is shows for one of my free apps (SnapTu) -- I updated the app via the app interface and AppWorld then thought I'd uninstalled the app. Not an issue in my case since the app developer is releasing the updates directly. If your apps are free, then there'd be no issues...if they are paid, then there could be an issue...

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I have the same issue on my new 9700.  I'm not sure why it happens but I have a work-around: 

1. If you view the apps (one at a time), they will not show installed (but we both know they are). 
  2. Press Install (don't completely install, keep reading)
  3. When it asks you if you want to overlay version whatever with the same version, just say no
  4. Believe it or not, when you go back to MyAppWorld it will show as installed
____
John
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Strange and creepy, but yes that accomplishes what it says! However, rather than pressing "install", you are selecting the app from your MyWorld list and then selecting "Reinstall". And, in my case, rather than prompting me to overlay with the same version, it is asking if I want to replace my installed newer version with the older version that AppWorld is delivering. I then say no to that. Then, within AppWorld, when I then look at MyWorld and at that App, it shows my newer version as being installed, yet shows the older version as being the current version (since apparently AppWorld still has yet to get this update from Snaptu).

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon
My Carrier: Verizon

I have almost given up on My World keeping track of what is shown as installed/uninstalled/archived.  It shows QuickLaunch as archived when it is installed, it shows two versions of Nintaii, etc.,.  Anymore I don't care so long as what I paid for I have and that it works.

I always save the emails I get upon payment and have put off until there is a problem getting frustrated with BB App World.  I have enough stressors at the present time in my life.  Life is simply too short.

Part of the problem is with the developers insuring that App World is updated with the latest version of their apps and the process by which My World is updated internally to App World to reflect the upgrades that you download and  install. 

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!