Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

My address book is corrupt

Some on my address book entries appear to be missing while one appears to be duplicated dozens of times.  

IntelliSync ignores the address book.  No errors, just never even tries to sync it

I tried changing my IntelliSync options to go one-way, from Outlook to the BB, but still no syncing.

If I look in DM's Backup and Restore Advanced, and compare it to a good backup I took two days ago, both Address Book - All and Address Book Options are greyed out (not selectable) in the file window and neither appear at all in the device window.  However, a warning appears at the bottom saying, "Databases that are unavailable in the list have been configured for wireless synchronization or wireless backup and are read-only.  You cannot restore or clear them"

At this point, all I want to do is clear the address book DB and reload it from Outlook.

HELP!

____
John
Contributor

Re: My address book is corrupt

[ Edited ]

Because of multiple problems, one mentioned here, one mentioned there, and a few others, I have decided to wipe and reload my 9700.   Where can I find a good checklist of things I need to do to prepare for this?

P.S. Thanks in advance!

____
John
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Just got this figured out today. Yeah!!! My wifes phone was doing the same thing. Go into desktop manager, application loader, update software. click on most current version(5.0.0.405 for me), hit next. It will probably say no update required. click device software options, then settings, then check Erase all currently installed applications. That will check both lower boxes. Hit OK and that will reload all applications as there was probably some corrupt info in there somewhere.

The next thing to do is to stop the wireless sync with email, for now. Go to contact list, new contact, and hit BB key. Go to options, scroll down to contact lists, hit track ball or track pad, then set wireless synchro to no. That way when you do your backup, it will save your contacts in a file with your other backup info.

Hope this helps. It worked for me.

STEVE
Contributor

Woah!

You da man!!!

Amazing!

Thank you!!!

____
John
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

I tried doing what you said and the "Erase all currently installed applications." option is grayed out. My Address Book is reaaallyy acting up! Help!