Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: STC

My balance being consumed

Hi. I have a problem that I have not been able to solve. My balance continues to be consumed little by little every now and then. Its in fraction of the currency but it is so irritating. I'm not subscribed to any service with my telecom company (STC) but I have a feeling that it is due to any of the programs I have downloaded and installed. I tried to remove some of them (not all) but the problem is persisting. Some of my friends have some of the same programs installed but they are not having this problem. Anyone having any idea what the problem could be?

mactazzz

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: My balance being consumed

Welcome to the forums!

When you say your "balance continues to be consumed" are you talking about your device memory?  And if so, you say it's in "fraction of the currency"  Can you please explain further?

If you are indeed talking about device memory, please be advised that this is normal for a BlackBerry device.

It's great that you're removing things you don't use or need, but you'll also want to do a hard reboot once in awhile to reclaim some of the lost "disk space" you're experiencing.

With your device powered on, remove the battery for a couple of minutes, then replace it.  When you check your "balance" you should notice an increase.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

And if you're talking about your monthly data allowance, this is also normal. Some apps, such as facebook and twitter, are always using data. The good thing is that BlackBerry compresses the data before firing it off to your phone so you're actually using much less data than your iPhone and Android friends are. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: STC

I meant neither the memory nor the monthly charges. At the end of a call I make or a sms I send, a dialogue box appears telling me how much the last action cost and what my current balance is. Now this box keeps on coming at random times (without a call being made or sms being sent) and each time a fraction of currency is used up gradually reducing my (money) balance. Are you aware of any software or some sort of virus that can do this?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Who is your service provider and what type of plan do you have?  Is it a pay-as-you-go type plan?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Aircel

Go to Options>Mobile Network>DataServices and turn off the data service. That should solve it. In case you want to use internet, you may have to manually turn on the DataService again.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

If I turn data off, can I still receive texts? My phone keeps connecting to the internet and I don't want it to. I turned off all settings that tell it to, as far as I know. I don't know what to do.

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Aircel

You will be able to receive text sms and make phone calls. Data service is for connecting to the internet.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you will receive SMS but not MMS.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: