Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

My battery instantly drains!!!!!

Starting with the basics...I have a blackberry curve 8530 (refurbished...will explain later) and I have Sprint as my carrier. 

Here's the deal: two weeks ago I started having problems with my battery.  I would charge it overnight and then in the morning I would try to do something basic like checking my email, making a phone call, etc. and my battery would die...so badly that the phone would shut down.  I tried to rectify this problem, thinking that it was the battery so I removed the battery from my older curve and placed it in the new phone. That was unsuccessful.  I went for a couple of days by just constantly plugging in my phone whenever I needed to use it.  In any case, the night before I went to the sprint store for service, I uninstalled all user apps thinking that it may just me an app that I downloaded that is draining my battery.  Not only did I have the same problem, but then after that I lost all internet connections meaning that in the top right corner of my phone I had NO bars and only a big X.  I could still make calls and receive calls and texts.  I spoke to a customer service tech who then after a series of trials decided that my phone was just dead.  I received just today a refurbished blackberry curve of the same type and guess what? Same problem...phone battery dead.  It happened right after I reinstalled Pandora, Blackberry Messenger, and Facebook. Could one of these apps be killing my phone? Does anyone have any ideas???

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My battery instantly drains!!!!!

Do you have any kind of frequent status checks set up for Facebook? I used to use some Twitter apps but they would run in the background and constantly check for tweets and my battery would run down in a matter of an hour or two. Once I changed settings to only check once an hour or only when I opened the app, that problem went away.

Also, I found Pandora to be really glitchy, with music popping on out of nowhere, when the BB was locked, so I uninstalled it. I just use my iPod for music now.
New Contributor

Update...went to the sprint store, turns out it was my battery all along (so far). I was unaware that a refurbished phone does not come with a battery but instead they took the battery out of my old phone and put it in the refurbished one...so we will see how it goes!

My Device: 8530

Curious that I come across this post...As I've been having the same issue with my phone for the last week or so. Same carrier, same phone.

I charge overnight, use it for anything non-signifigant like facebook, or websites, or even phone calls and it'll die in under 10 minutes. I can get it rebooted sometimes but the battery shows its basically dead and no radio signal for anything.

Something to note though, the phone works fine when plugged into a wall outlet or car charger.

Does this mean I have a bad battery? If someone could reply, that'd be great. Smiley Happy

PS. Actually the same problem just started happening to my wifes phone two days ago...REALLY CURIOUS as we bought the phones new at the same time. If it is the battery, perhaps whoever replies can give me an estimate on battery life for BB Curve 8530?