Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: My battery is draining from full to dead within 1 hour

The phone is 2 years old and battery came with the phone. I am going to get another battery as well next week.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Two years is a long time for a battery. What it's doing sounds exactly like a bad battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

It's going from full to dead with no radio use within 1 hour. This started on the past Saturday. Just now as I plugged it in again from being in red and no radio use, once I plugged it in it said it had 40 from being red . Now the battery says 80 percent. I deleted the facebook app just now also. It went from 40 percent to dead in 2 seconds literally then once I plugged it in back to 40 percent on plug in.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I would go get another battery ASAP. I really think the battery itself is the problem. There's nothing the Facebook app can do to affect battery life like that, especially if it's been removed. Two years on a battery is a lot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

You can try letting the battery sit out of the device for about 90 minutes. If it's just a battery meter issue that can sometimes help. I really think the battery is toast.

New Contributor

I will do that. Out of curiousty my boyfriend has a Z10 and his phone is auto shutting down in the middle of phone calls and his apps are moving all around after he organized them 2 times. Would this be the OS update issue? He factory reset his phone after backing it up of course but it's still doing this...
Guru II

What OS update issue? If he restored the backup after resetting the device then he probably restored the problem. I'd wipe the device and not restore the Settings portion of the backup.

New Contributor

A lot of people were complaining about the lateset OS update for OS 10 2.1.2941 saying their phones weren't acting properly?? Ok he didn't wipe the device he just factory reset it. I will get him to wipe the device to see if that works. His battery is also draining quick and he just got the phone last June. I have a friend who works for RIM in Waterloo and she was supposed to come by to help us out with his phone but she has a busy schedule. Lol I will get him to remove his battery for 90 mins just to see if that works also. Thanks.
Highlighted
Guru II

I would do this:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Critical-Update-for-OS-10-2...