Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: vodafone

My bb bold is irritating me a lot !!

My bb bold 9780 has started having multiple problems...first of the album art in the media player...then the overheating of the phone and not charging properly....an the last battery drains from 100% to 0% suddenly after it shutsdown.....it has caused a lot of problems for me....i hope that u guyz can tell me the accurate solution for these problems...I have update my bb to 6.0.0 bundle 3049...for the album art...I edited the all the songs fron itunes and even then it showed the wrong album art....is setting my phone to factory setting a solution...
Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: My bb bold is irritating me a lot !!

All cellphones rises in temperature when you are using it. When you are talking on it for long periods of time (10mins). Using data for long periods of time.

How long have you been using the 9780 current battery? sounds like it might need to be replaced.

Contributor

Its been only 9 months....it starts showing a plug sign at 20% battery....my BIS is always on...should I turn it off at different time intervals ??
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

Get it replaced Blackberry's where not made to do that. it must be a fault with in the phone or software. Normally if you send it away you either get it fixed or a completely brand new one if neccessary, and clear your phone. if the memory is full battery drains it starts freezing alot and becomes really unresponsive. my friends blackberry curve had 2gb memory and was version 9300 she had over 100 songs and 450 bbm contacts so the phone started freezing until it just froze completely... hope this helps

Contributor

I just deleted a lot of useless apps...I have only fb..whatsapp installed...why the hell blackberry don't release the os7 for 9780..it is far better than the os6....I have around 180mb of application memory left in my phn...and 850 mb of left in my sd card....what can I do for the album artwork...it is really annoying...a flo rida song will show red hot chiili peppers album artwork...I have the uk top 40 in my songs folder in which every song has its own artwork but every song will show adele's skyfall artwork of the uk top40 songs...I have heard that a file called bbthumbs.dat is responsible for the artwork the music player shows....when I explore my sd in my phone...there are hundreds of artworks but the music player shows just shiity things...