Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800/ 6.0.0.448
My Carrier: Rogers

My bb keeps freezing!!!

So I've had two BB's so far and they both had freezing issues. This one has more severe issues tho. It is extremely slow when navigating from one thing to another and there is constantly the "loading timer" that pops up which I assume is normal since its loading. However, sometimes, that time stays for minutes and does not go away. During that time, I can't press anything on my phone, can't go back, can't turn it off. Sometimes I even have to take out my battery to get my phone working again. However once I do that and my phone starts up, my battery goes down to critical bat life and dies on me shortly after. Also, sometimes a window pops up saying uncaught_exception. What does that even mean? What's wrong with my phone?
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: My bb keeps freezing!!!

Hi mzkayS2,

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Try backing up your BlackBerry using the Desktop Software and performing a clean reload of your BlackBerry Device Software as shown here. http://bbry.lv/bpv7DT You may then want to perform a selective restore of essential databases only. http://bbry.lv/bhaArf or http://bbry.lv/iirxbl

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi FrankieS,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have tried this method multiple times and my phone would work great right after for maximum 1 week then the timer would come back and my phone would start freezing again. This is the second BB that has done this to me. Are there any other possibilities as to why this happens or any other solutions? As much as I love my BB, having the same thing happen to me twice makes me doubt whether I should get another BB or switch to something else.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache liek rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

What OS are you on? Type in a new message MYVER and a space after to see and report back please.

What type of BB do you have?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Trust me, I've done the battery pulling trick a million times. At one point I was pulling it at least 4 times a day just so I can receive a message or make a call. 9000/5.0.0.900
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mzKayS2 wrote:
Trust me, I've done the battery pulling trick a million times. At one point I was pulling it at least 4 times a day just so I can receive a message or make a call. 9000/5.0.0.900

Thanks, With OS version 5, there is not a lot of memeory on the device after installing the OS.

Please tell me your File free before and after a battery remove/replace. (Go to Settings, then Options, then status):

Could you list your apps that are installed too please.

Also that version of OS is a bit old compared to some of the newer releases. not sure if you are willing to try a newer version or not. But lets progress with the above.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Before 15444809 Bytes
After 29871893 Bytes

Google Maps
Google talk
MSN
Facebook
Twitter
Gtalk
The usual stuff...nothing extra cause there's really no room
Guru III
My Device:

once you hit below 16 meg it can get sluggish as it will try to cleanup the memory.

press and hold ALT and then LGLG

this will bring up event log

press BB button

clear your log file

Then once it gets sluggish again, see what you have for free memory

If low again. Then its time to try QuickPull which will reboot it at the time you want it to. (like an hour before you wake up.)

If you really like the 9000, there is a new version coming soon with lots of improvements and lots of memory too.

New Contributor

By quickpull do u mean taking out the battery?
When I opened the event log it said Event Log (Warning) is that normal?

I'm actually thinking about upgrading to the torch but after all this, and seeing other friends with some issues with the torch also I'm not sure what I want to do. I also heard that torch 2 is coming out so I don't know if I should wait.
Guru III
My Device:

quickpull is an app you can install which will reboot it automatically.

I have a Torch and love it. Hardly ever do a battery pull on it. I also have over 40 users at the office with Torch too. no complaints with them either as I am the tech support person for all my mobile users.

There are a few devices coming out this year. Have to wait and see what they will be.