Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telfort
Accepted Solution

My bb8250 doesn't recognize my password

Hi there, I really hope you can help me with the following. My bb8250 all of the sudden doesn't recognize my password anymore. It all started when I downloaded the BB desktop-manager on my mac. My mac wanted my device-password but didn't recognize it. Then I disconnected the two and now my bb doesn't recognize my password either! To be precize: it does recognize my device-password. But I can not get it of the handheld lock. When I type my password it doesn't show the normal small stars but shows letters where I want to enter cijfers instead of the stars. When I use the alt button to enter the right code my bb doesn't recognize it anyway. I've tried rebooting it by getting the battery out. That didn't help. Now I've only two shots left to enter the right password. I'm trying not to freak out, but it's half a child's life in photo's on there, so I would really really really really like to get into my bb again. Please could you help me out? Thank you so much in advance! Kind regards, K.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telfort

Re: My bb8250 doesn't recognize my password

I'm back in! Always thought I had a 4-cijfer-password. I was wrong! I changed each cijfer into the letter on the same key and filled that in as my password and it worked! Yeeeh!