Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

My blackberry 8110 doesn't recognize the micro SD card

My blackberry 8110 doesn't recognize de micro sd card, I don't know if it is bad configurated or if its a problem of the phone
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: My blackberry 8110 doesn't recognize the micro SD card

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Go to your options icon, click scroll to the About option. Look for v4.x.x.xxx , this is what your device OS will look like:

Now check it against this chart to make sure you have the right media card installed.

KB05461 MicroSD media card sizes supported by BlackBerry Device Software versionsKB05461 MicroSD media card sizes supported by BlackBerry Device Software versions

If you are have the correct amount of memory, check  the following options on the Blackberry

Media card support ON

Encryption mode NONE

Mass storage support ON

Auto enable Mass storage support when connected ON

If these are set right, test the media card:

KB15907 MicroSD card corruption requires a disk error-checking utility

Let us kknow how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

did you format your sd card?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8800, 8110, 7100T

I have a similar problem.  Using OS 4.5.0.182 and media cards of either 1GB or 2GB, I cannot get the device to hard boot with a card in the slot.  After booting with no card, I can insert either of these cards and perform a format with the device software.  When I ask to remove the card, the device reports that it is not correctly formatted. 

I reboot (without a card), insert one that was formatted through the device software and connect to my computer.  I download a series of pictures using the Mass Storage option and Windows Explorer.  Things should be OK, right?   However, I can explore the contents of the card using that option from the Media menu, but I cannot open any images using the "Pictures" icon from the Media window.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ken