Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mobinil

My blackberry 9900 keeps restarting

My new blackberry keeps restarting on its own after it get started by 3 to 4 minutes..I dont have any apps installed..tried soft reset and factory reset..nothing happened..I checked that I have the latest software installed...what can i do?!

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: My blackberry 9900 keeps restarting

Hey bassem_melika,

Welcome to the forums. 

When you say to did a "factory rest" do you mean you did a security wipe from the device or did you do a reset to factory as shown in this article: 

How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

If doing the reset to factory does not work then you may want to contact your point of sale for options. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Mobinil

Yes bro I did as shows in the article...no success.

Thanks for the reply.

My Device: Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: MTN

I have the same problem my new blackberry bold touch keeps re-starting. It also gets very hot and the battery ran out within three hours. And I just received it yesterday September 11, 2011. I am quite disappointed for a phone I have been waiting for, for 5 months. Very dissapointing!!!
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Bell

have the restarting issue, seems to happen when texting or bbming , freezes then reboots. always reboots normally. whats the deal here?

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

Have you tried to boot the phone without any memory card inserted? If not, I recommend that you remove the memory card and check again.

As a next step (if still rebooting inspite of 1st step above), try booting without sim card, even try changing the sim card.

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN SA

I just took in my phone to be replaced! 7 days old :-( my phone kept restarting. I think this is caused by installing rebooting apps. i just paid $2.99 for a restarting app and than this problem started.

Xavin Dayal
Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

This was happening to me. Wiped my phone, restored to factory settings, still happened. Updated the OS, still happened. My carrier sent myy phone away to be repaired, 3 weeks later I get a brand new phone and it's still happening. Not at all impressed with this phone.

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN SA

It's sad that such a good piece of hardware is not complimented with a sound OS. Anyway lets hope when I get my phone back I don't experience anymore troubles. Downloaded the BBSAK just incase though  i did check with the tech team about those app I installed and no other customer has had this problem so I'm thinking it the OS that just crashed.

Xavin Dayal
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

hi there,

if have the bold 9930 and mine keeps rebooting and giving a red light every 10sec. Ive searched the internet a lot and this problem with the 9900 and th 9930 is accouring more and more and blackberry doesnt know what it is if i believe. I hope this gets fixed soon!!! i haven't found any solution yet! after like 30 or 50 reboots it did gave me a empyt battery icon but doesnt react either. if i pull the battery it show a battery with cross but doesnt go any further as well.

please give us c&c

this is a very expensive phone and know really useless!