Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: My blackberry bold 9700 wont connect to wifi

Saood, are you saying that you are able to connect to and use wifi for a time, but then it stops and will not reconnect?

How long a period of time does it work?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Zong

yes, Exactly That I mean, after 2 hours or some time after 5 hours , I never count the time., wifi is still connected but no single site is opened,,,kindly tell me whats the problem?,

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Zong

why you people don't take it serious, i got that problem daily, My wfi is connected to Device but Its not working after some time usage, Kindly tell me what I can do?
It work only for 1 to 2 hours and then after all it will be disconnect.

I appreciate you, If you solve my that issue. thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Device - Make 9900
My Carrier: 102

I have a blackberry bold 9900 and i got it a few days ago and every since then ive been trying to get the wifi working.The phones unlocked by the way.
I set up the wifi fine  but  in manage connections i have my network in green beside my wifi and a white tick to the right and its supposed to be a green checkmark im assuming.
No matter what i do my wifi symbol wont light up white its still grey and i set up the wifi and it says it succesfully connected but still no wifi.
Is it my phone settings or my internet or my phone i dont know right now im so confused.
and i have a linksys router and im with rogers,and im new to blackberrys.
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: no idea

Dear all,

I use to have android for last 3 years. Yesterday died my phone and now am trying to understand how my old BBerry 9700 works.

I am in Cambodia right now, and using local sim card.

Now :coming back to BBerry data- I have the same problem- "green hock and white loss". Do I need to have for BBerry n special data package for connect with wifi??  As I was living in China I hear about it that you need to buy data volume.

Rgds

Raimonda

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: no idea

Hi,

am trying to follow your indication, but where is that box with "Allow inter-access point handover" ???

thx u

Rai

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Indosat

I had the problem to connect my router Linksys 2000 to my Blackberry 10. Change roter IP Adrdress as following. From the webpage enter default router IP Address 192.168.1.1. In the webpage click Setup > Basic Setup > Look at Network Setup > IP Addres change to 192.168.2.1 > Save (and eventualy reboot). Its work very good. ***
Visitor
My Device: Curve8900
My Carrier: telekom

Now I tried all the proposals in nthis section. None of them worked.

In the last prposals it said to change the IP- adress in setup. but in my bb curve 8900 does show any network setp neither a chance to insert an IP-Adress.