Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: digicel

My blackberry bold 9900 has a black screen [Urgent]

[ Edited ]

Hi there community

I am in desperate need of help with my blackberry 9900 issues.Here is the problem: my bold 9900 fell at about a height of 1 foot and when I picked it up the screen was black. The phone did not fall on its screen it fell on its back and it was secured by a case and it did not fall on a hard surface. The thing is too that thephone is fully operational and functioning as normal. For example

" if I have the phone on the daily alarm will come on and I am able to disable the alarm like normal because althought the screen is black I know a dialogue box comes up with two options, either snooze or disable.
Knowing this I am able to scroll down to the second option and prevent it from alarming again in the next 5 minutes as it would if I selected snooze. My familiarity with it allows me to do so although the screen is black.
Another instance arises where I can press the right short hand botton for camera and take a picture. The picture will be taken, even the flash with come on- but the screen remains black"

I took the phone into m service provider and dealt with two different technicians and they both have changed the screen on the phone as they and I thought it was issues with the screen. However, This did not fix the problem and I had no luck and the problem remained. They say they have no idea what's wrong with the phone and neither do I. So can anyone her help ease my mind. Please help me figure out what's wrong. I haven't had the phone for a year as yet and it's saddening to know that I can't use it because it my favorite one yet. I appreciate a response and any help given to me to help overcome this issue.

Thank you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH505), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: My blackberry bold 9900 has a black screen [Urgent]

Hello,

Given what you describe, I would deduce that the fall caused something inside to break, and that has yet to be specifically diagnosed and repaired/replaced. Clearly, it was not the screen itself that was damaged...but something else. As to exactly what that may be, I would defer to qualified hardware technicians who can have the device in their hands to provide you with diagnosis. If the technicians you are presently working with have no other ideas, then you need to find other technicians.

Brace yourself for the possibility that it is not repairable by anyone...physical damage is often such.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................