Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

My blackberry curve 8520 keeps randomly restarting? Help

OK so basically my blackberry curve 8520 will turn on fine, but it keeps restarting itself at random times when I play music or if I am half way through writing a message to someone, if it restarts when I am playing music it makes a funny loud noise. It is really starting to test my patients and it keeps restarting when I type to people. Sometimes the blackberry will go onto a white screen before restarting, sometimes it will just freeze and go off, then sometimes it will just go off with a flashing red light. I don't know what is wrong with it and I cannot find another person with he same person, so if anyone knows how I can fix this and what is wrong can you please tell me?

Thank you  

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: My blackberry curve 8520 keeps randomly restarting? Help

[ Edited ]

Hello MuffleSnufle,

Perform a reload or upgrade your BlackBerry® Device Software to address the issue with your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 randomly restarting. For more information on this procedure see the following article:

How to update or reinstall BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB03901

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Now my blackberry dosnt even turn on, when i put my battery in my phone it just makes a high pitched noise, with nothing on the screen
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

If you are unable to complete the software reloading process, we suggest that you contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!