Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Verizon

My blackberry is not working

My blackberry sorm is having some problems. Sometimes the screen shuts down and I can not turn it back on or whenever it doesn't turn black the screen looks like a puzzle. I don't know what to do about it..

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: My blackberry is not working

Hi and welcome to the forums!

First do a hard reset as opposed to turning it off and on. It's a much more effective method to reset.

My 9530 only lights on reboot and only lasts about a minute before fading to black.

I have tried multiple device OS loads, several third party apps that were designed to keep the backlight on and intensify the brightness. All for naught I'm sorry to say. I believe it's hardware related but I have nothing concrete to back that up with. The device didn't get wet, fall or otherwise get damaged. I was fortunate to receive my Storm2 to depend on as this happened, which also is the reason I haven't taken it to repair.

I wish I had better news to tell you, I still keep my eyes out for any articles regarding the problem.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB02141 Reset a BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

oh, i am sorry to hear that...thank you very much!

Visitor
My Device: 9530 Storm

[ Edited ]

Can the unlocking via code given by the local service be the problem ? because the phone is locked on Verizon US, and she is currently using it in Orange RO. And i think that the software may cause the image puzzling. If she upgrades the phone's OS, and unlock it again with the code, that problem will be back ?

Thanks !

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I had left my PC and got your message on my device having no idea who you were!

I don't have a great deal of experience with unlocked devices, I think it would have little or no impact on this problem. The Orange RO issues daily service books etc. for the most part dealing with the communication between the device and carrier. Any problems to my thinking would affect voice and data. (Think about it they need the screen to tell you that you've been busted! )

I had my device down to factory settings multiple times and tested various device OS loads.

If she did upgrade the device OS and deletes the vendor.xml file she can download  either Verizon or Orange software. However after deleting the the vendor.xml file the device Is exactly the same version created by RIM..No benefits there.

As I said I doubt the unlock code is relevant,  but I will ask some of our really. really "smart users" for their thoughts.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter